Sustamid® Nylon PA 46 Extruded
SUSTAMID® PA46 extruded from Stanyl® 46 resin manufactured by DSM, is a heat resistant aliphatic polyamide mainly used in demanding applications in the electrical / electronics and automotive industries.
Although there are similarities between PA46 and PA66, the more symmetrical molecular chain structure in SUSTAMID® PA46 results in a higher melting temperature (295°C), a higher crystallinity and faster crystallisation. This means a higher heat distortion temperature of 170°C.
SUSTAMID® PA46 (Stanyl®) is a distinctive Rust colour.
PA 46 can be characterised by the following properties:
- Excellent short-term and long-term heat resistance
- High stiffness at elevated temperatures
- High creep resistance, especially at elevated temperatures
- Outstanding toughness
- Excellent fatigue behaviour
- Good resistance to chemicals
- A high PV rating
- Very good co-efficient of friction
- Excellent abrasion resistance
- Excellent electrical insulation properties