Tivar® H.O.T - Higher Operating Temperature
In many applications Tivar® H.O.T is more than just an economic alternative to PTFE and Nylon type 6. Tivar® H.O.T is a modified grade of Tivar® with high abrasion resistance. Its unique formula inhibits oxidation and allows for higher operating temperatures up 135şC and subsequently a longer life span.
Tivar® H.O.T is fast becoming the material of choice for high temperature applications.
Tivar® H.O.T meets US Food and Drug Administration Regulations 21CFR177.1520, and 21CFR178.2010. Also EU Directive 2002/72/EC for direct food contact applications.
Tivar® H.O.T can be characterised by the following properties:
- Retained properties in the extended temperature range
- Contains oxidation inhibiting additives
- Low coefficient of friction
- High impact strength
- High tensile strength
- Very good chemical and corrosion resistance
- No moisture absorption
- Exhibits excellent release characteristics
- Lasts up to 10 times longer than standard Tivar® 1000 in higher temperature environments.
Fields of application: linings in Flyash plants and drying ovens, J-Leg wear strips in proofing ovens, seals for pasteurisers, chemical and medical processing equipment, rollers and sprockets in food processing equipment and grain drag flights.
DOWNLOAD DATA SHEET